happy new year, readers!
bet ya didn’t know that 2006:
- is the chinese year of the dog.
- is mmvi in roman numerals (okay, i’m sure some of you knew that).
- has been designated the mozart year, celebrating the 250th birthday of the austrian composer wolfgang amadeus mozart (who actually died on the birthday of yours truly).
- has been designated the rembrandt year, commemorating the 400th anniversary of the birth of rembrandt harmenszoon van rijn, netherlands’ greatest 17th-century painter.
- is the international year of deserts and desertification (i first read this as “desserts and dessertification.” imagine my disappointment).
- is a year in which i will find myself praying to god for peace, health, and safety for our world and its people, perhaps more so than ever before. join me, won’t you?
peace to you all in 2006.