2.23.2006

pain is good

i met with a trainer last night, who asked me what parts of my body i wanted to work on, and then showed me different exercises to do and machines to use to accomplish that. abs, glutes, triceps, adductors . . . parts i never even knew had names. the result?

I HURT!

but it is such a good hurt. i can’t wait to go back and do more.

next week he’s going to show me some more to work on other parts we didn’t get to yesterday. right now, even though i’m in pain, i’m so psyched about continuing! it helps that i’m in a wedding in two months and want to tone up my arms and shoulders for that strapless bridesmaid’s dress i’m wearing. but it’s good to do it anyway. i’m not getting any younger. (no comments from the peanut gallery, please.)

and now i won’t look like a dufus when i go to use the weight machines and am surrounded by the guys who look like this:

No comments: