busy, busy, busy. here's what we've done over the past week, in no particular order:
* worked on our respective church projects (web site for david, newsletter for me) all. week. long.
* baked homemade cardamom coffeecake (at left). oh, did i say cardamom? i meant carda-yum!
* had dinner with friend and former college roommate, jennie, at nonno pino's. it was good to catch up, and i think i may have nudged her thismuch closer to starting her own blog.
* had a stress test as a purely precautionary measure. as i approach 35, i want to find out what condition my heart is in, especially now that i am exercising more regularly. results to come soon.
* david made a batch of yummy chili, filled with vegetables, to store away for a chilly night.
* bought two new imacs (!) for the apartment -- no more squinting at my 13-inch laptop screen to see the newsletter layout!
* baked amish friendship bread, thanks to a starter from church friend linden. it is deee-licious!
* visited ikea, where we ate dinner and bought shelves for david's desk (gotta make room for that imac).
* went to a second birthday party for our niece, katie. it was a beautiful fall day, perfect for swinging in the back yard (-->) and for asking brother-in-law brad to take a few pics of david and me as potential christmas card material. (you'll have to wait to see which one we chose.)
* listened to a beautiful concert of early music from the americas, sung by cantate.
* grilled steaks and watched back to the future: part two. the steaks were wonderful. the movie was not.
what's new with you?