4.03.2008

the o.c. and me

thanks to kelly, i now have a new way of keeping myself on the elliptical trainer and motivated for more than 20 minutes at a time. she suggested that i download an episode of an hour-long show and watch it as i exercise, thereby guaranteeing at least 42 minutes of entertainment (um, and exercise).

after a good half-hour surfing itunes, i decided to buy the first episode of the fourth season of the o.c. the o.c. was a guilty pleasure that i shared with my cousin emily when it first began to air, and she and i watched the first two seasons regularly. then, she got a new job, our weekly get-togethers stopped, and i didn't keep up with watching the third season. but, as with any good soap opera, i picked up a season later and still know exactly what's going on.

after burning a whopping 595 calories in 45 minutes while watching the first episode, i knew this would be the way to go for my cardio-only days. so i downloaded the entire season. who knew a silly television show could have health benefits?

5 comments:

Kelly said...

Awesome! I'm so glad my little trick works for you, too! I'm all caught up on Lost now, so I'm thinking about downloading the first season of Heroes. I've heard good things about it. And I never did catch that last season of Gilmore Girls. So many options!

Audrey said...

Love it! Way to try something new to re-motivate yourself.

erikka said...

fantastic! that's exactly what i do in helwig...it's going to make for a rude awakening when i only have myself for entertainment on outside runs in new hampshire! ;)

Stuart Shea said...

Congrats. Some people never get re-motivated!

mar said...

so, um, i know you're particularly busy now, but are you gonna, um, update at all?